Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What is wrong with me - Part 2

Remember "What is wrong with me?", the blog post from september 16th? Right now I'm pondering whether electronic gadgets are just not for me.

Yesterday evening I turned my phone off for a couple of hours. Ever since I turned it back on, it turns itself off (or hangs, or whatever) after the screen has been off for an as of yet undetermined amount of time. Then I need to remove the battery or use the receded reset switch, which turns out to be a "soft reset" (=leaving memory) and not a "hard reset" (or factory reset) after all.

This is a disaster for a phone: unless I actively keep it on and active (including the display, which burns battery like there's no tomorrow), it's a brick that I need to turn on again when I need to use it.

Right now I don't have the time to repave it, but I'm still hoping this is some kind of software glitch. If repaving this thing again doesn't remedy this symptom, I'll need to have the obviously faulty hardware replaced. In any case: just my luck.

<sigh>

1 comment:

  1. Well, when I was about to turn the bugger in for hardware review I of course removed SIM, data card and personal stuff (like stored text messages, email account passwords, etc). And guess what? After that the problem was gone. So I canceled the return, repaved (by setting language to English) and only reset SIM, data card, email accounts, Google Maps and my own Twitter client. So far, no strange problems... (Seems to be http://peshir.blogspot.com/2009/09/dont-fidget-too-much-with-hybrid.html in extremis)

    ReplyDelete